Friday, January 13, 2006

Trip to St. Lazare PQ

Shortly after my New Years celebration, I decided to seize opportunity and use some of my new found freedom to travel to St. Lazare to visit family. I guess to this point, the greatest benefit of being unemployed is being able to do anything you want, when ever you want (or "roll" as I like to say) . I guess the price you pay for this freedom is no income, which has been hard to adjust to thus far. While in Quebec, I guess I could say I had a "Canadian Holiday". We went snow shoeing on my Aunt and Uncle's property in the South Laurentides region of Quebec. We spent the day relaxing on a frozen lake in the warm sun, I couldn't help but feel as if the "French Canadian" in me came alive. It was absolutely beautiful. The next morning we woke and set out for Owls Head, a ski resort in the Eastern Townships of Quebec (an area I know very well from my childhood). The day got off to a slightly rough start after forgetting to have my snowboard sharpened (which to be quite honest, I have never done) and trying to board on the icy conditions. This did not work well at all and forced me to rent a board. The rest of the day went very well. I had forgotten how much I love flying down a huge mountain on a snowboard. Just doing one run would have made the almost 2 hour trip worth it. The next day was spent hanging out with the family. I was very lucky to be able to see my younger cousin play some hockey (Although they lost the game was amazing!) and watch the Canadian Juniors win gold (also an amazing game) at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Montreal (West island). After a huge dump of some snow and convincing my mom, I decided to spend most of the day in PQ so I could snowboard one more time at Mont Rigaud with my cousins. On my way home I began to reflect on the time I spent in Quebec and realized that after taking the risks that I have recently (quitting my job and moving back home) the time I have spent with family, during Christmas and the few weeks after, has made it all worth it. I was able to see and hang out with Aunts, Uncles and cousins that I only see a couple of times a year at most. To all those who I spent time with, it was amazing to see you and Merci beaucoup. To all my Quebec cousins, remember what I said, and the games I taught you (we will always have a 4th when Ryan comes next time). It was great to spend time with you all....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loved having you and hope the rest of your trip is fantastic. Keep your page updated for us all. Love the Holy Lovers.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>