Thursday, March 16, 2006

Back to the busling city


Today I spent another 3 1/2 hours on a bus, and headed North to Penang. It is a small island south of Thailand on the west coast. It used to be an old english port town from what I can gather. Tomorrow I am heading to the old fort and doing some sight seeing. After that I am heading south. I will try to update with some new pics.

To the right is a pic of a Cannon at the old Fort Cornwallis that I visited today. It was the original fort the started Penang the island I am on. It reminded me alot of the Wilber Smith books I like so much. Also if you are a woman and childless, you are suppose to hang flowers on the "Big Cannon" for good luck. Needless to say I only took a picture. It is cool being in the fort looking out over the Ocean. I could see the trade ships of the East India Company sailing in with all sorts of trade on their way back to England. A pit of history on the trip i guess...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy sounds like you are spending alot of time on buses which I know you love hahahhahaha I hope that your keeps on getting better and better

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo pinto got the axe

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>