Welcome to Thailand
The last couple of days have been pretty crazy. Dispite what the guide book said we decided to take a "Speed boat" from Luang Prabang to the Thai border along the Mekong. I could not believe the boat they put us on. They some how cramed 6 people, a driver, and all of our luggage on a boat which looked like it was made for 3 people. We sat with our knees tucked to our chests for 10 hours while we travelled up the river. To add to our luck, during the boat ride it started to pour rain. During the long ride, I decided along the way, that the trip was more like some sort of punishment rather then a boat ride up the river. After our insane ride up the river we arrived to the boarder too late and had to get a room for the night. The next day we took a 6 hour mini -bus ride into Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai is a great city. We have been hanging out here for 5 or so days now and today we are heading to Bangkok then south to the islands. After having been through so many other countires it was nice to relax in a big city with all the comforts for a while. While here we checked out some Muay Thai boxing, did a cooking course (which I somehow passed) and have seen a few movies. A bit sad the trip is winding down now but I am excited to head home. It has been a while....

3 Comments:
good to hear you like Chiang Mai. I like Chiang Mai too, much more than I like Bangkok. :) I was the guy sitting next to you in the Buddy Internet, and I happened to catch a little of your blog entry. Take care and safe trip back to Canada.
:)
watch out for guys sitting so close!
hey DJ - I am worried about you now - who is this creepy guy following you around! Be careful ok! Maybe "buddy cafe" means something different in Thailand. Living my life vicariously through you since I am still stuck in this damn office after 3 years :( Very proud of you that you are doing this. Luv ya - Kati
Post a Comment
<< Home