Sunday, April 23, 2006

Saigon, Beach, Sand Dunes?, Canyon?, then Mountains





We had one more crazy night in Saigon where we partied it up in the Local Bars (One called Guns and Roses and the other Apocalypse Now. Both were pretty cool. The next day a little tired from the previous night we decided to beat the heat at the local waterpark. Lucky for us we had almost the whole park to ourselves. Some of the local kids decided that we were their new best friends and followed us around for a bit. They didnt speak any english. I guess splashing and a smile explains it all. We left Saigon and headed for Mui Ne a beach town about 3-4 hours away. It was great to see a beach again after being in the city for a bit. The geography in Vietnam is so diverse. We took a day trip outside of Mui Ne and went to the White sand dunes, where we slid down the dunes on "crazy carpets" (This place looked like the Sahara). We then left there and headed for the Canyon, which looks almost exactly like the Grand Canyon in the States (or the pics I have seen of it). We then hit the Red Sand dune just before sunset. Parts of Vietnam almost feel like I was in Mexico again. This morning we grabbed a mini bus and headed for Dalat in the highlands. After driving 3 hours we headed into the mountains. So far it is great up here. A bit cooler so I think it will be easier to sleep at night. I hope our stay here will be fun.... I have some pics now. I will try to post more. First (top right) is Angkor Wat at Sunrise, Second is a pic from the Camron Highlands, Third is Dave and Brock walking on the beach in Malaysia (P. Islands). Below is Dave and Brock in our 4 x 4 adventure to the dunes in Vietnam and last is me at like 7:30 in the morning on a longboat on the Mekong River (I like the new style!)...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see your face finally DJ! Some sun, some scruff... looking healthy! Bex

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool pics man. I was beginning to forget what you looked like. I love the new style! Do you know when you will be back yet?

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>