Back to the Jungle again then to the beach
We have just spent the last few days at Taman Negara a national park in Malaysia. Last night we did the Night time Jungle safari where we drove through the edge of a palm plantation looking for wildlife on the back of a pickup truck with 8 of us. It was completely dark except for the spotlight the driver held which he when back and forth with trying to spot any animals. In total we say a snake, a few birds, a monkey (which moved like a sloth), a fox and an Owl. The next day we woke and trekked for a bit to the Canopy walkway which spans over the rainforest. It was pretty high up and not as stable as it should be in some places. David (our NZ friend), Brock and I all made it through all right and then decided to do a hike. Once again we got a bit lost and ended up hiking for about 3 hrs through the Jungle. We then grabbed a quick lunch, packed our bags and grabbed a bus. We have now been hanging in a city called Jerantut for the last couple of hours waiting for the night train which leaves at 2:00am, and heads North. I am now on my way to the Perenthian Islands in Malaysia on the west coast for a few days before heading to Thailand. Luckily tonight we have a sleeper seat on the train....

3 Comments:
Hey buddy well it sounds like you are haveing a grate time. I hope all is well and your trip keeps on sounding better and better with every new log man how I envey what you are doing. and keep up the blog man I enjoy and look forward to reading them so I know you are still alive. well I hope all is well and drop us a line soon alright later buddy
Darcy Brock just got back to Canada and said you did a really great job kayaking in Mexico. What's going on here?!? Kayaking in Mexican rapids, exploring caves in Malaysian Jungles; who are you and what have you done with my friend Dj?
Thanks guys...
DJ
Post a Comment
<< Home