Long Trip, CRAZY city...
A couple of days ago we decided to leave the Perenthian Isands in Malaysia and head for Hat Yai in Thailand. This was a good call for me seeming that I was so sunburn (like i do everytime, snowflake to lobster, then to snake I guess) from swimming in the ocean and snorkling. Got caught up a few nights, drinking Monkey Juice and Vodka after the amazing dinner of BBQ fresh fish on the ocean (full meal, fresh fish for about, $5 Can, can't beat it). We left the islands about 11:00am and took a ferry to the mainland, then 2 hrs taxi then walked and grabbed a 4 hrs mini bus to Hat Yai (Southern Thai, hub city). There I decided to change plans and continue to travel with Brock and David through other countries in asia then back to Thailand. I arrived in Bangkok this morning at about 9:00 after traveling for 24 hrs (and not feeling 100% on the bus). We are stying at a guesthouse just off Khosan Rd (which is a crazy mix of backpackers and Chaos. I will keep you posted...

6 Comments:
Buddy that sounds like the best thing ever and please do not complain about a sunburn I would love the opertunity to acctually get one ahahhaha. I hope that the rest of your trip in the chaos city is a blast and what is this monkey juice you speek of? have a good one buddy and through up some pics know that you are in a city.
p.s. still envying you
Snowflake>Lobster>SNAKE?? I agree with Ry, what is this monkey juice and how did you extract it? I hope you haven't gone crazy and started sacrificing monkeys for mix! I think you might have culture shock when you get back home.
Oh, and did you say KOS city!?!
HEY DJ!!!
I just read your blog for the first time, and just as I thought, it sounds like you are having the time of your life!:) I also have to agree with Ryan on two points: put up some more pics, especially of the beaches; and I am also envying you...
Just for some clarification, Monkey juice is a local drink which has an monkey on the label and tasts like rum a bit, or ammoretto. Snake because I am peeling, I will keep you all posted, Pics are hard to upload down here, I have sooo Many, more to bring home i guess.....
DJ
Ryan: yo buddy just having a couple of pints and reminising and thought we would drop a line and wish you the best
p.s. I hope the monkey juice is kicking you well ahhahahaah
Karr: Hey little buddy! Miss ya! This 735 Don Mills party is not the same with out you! Can you you bring some of this monkey juice home with you!
Cor: What up bro! Great to hear that you are still alive! I thought you were coming by to Radford before you left - definitely when you come home. Safe travels and all the best.
Angela: Hello snowflake, glad to see that you are alive!!
Mike F: Brother, we miss you but obviously you're still a big part of our lives here. We had a little dinner party and ordered your brother for the event as your stand-in. He isn't doing a very good job... there is no substitute! Anyway, Tyler is making a scene again and he is making Brock sit on the cold floor.
Brock: Dude...last time that I saw you it was way warmer for me...but it is getting better here. I wish that I could be there with you. It's too bad that you aren't here...but your bro is filling in for you. For real though...can't wait for you to get back...see you soon.
Brock
Tyler: Sorry man I am wasted...can't talk!
Post a Comment
<< Home